|Attributes||Spayed Neutered House Trained Declawed Special Needs Shots Current  |
|Environment||Children Dogs Cats  |
|****Please do not send us inquiries/emails asking if a dog is still available; if a dog is still listed on Petfinder, we are still accepting applications for them. See the bottom of this bio for more FAQs regarding our adoption process before emailing.****|
MEET NAVYA: the great adventurer, the wheelchair queen, and the star of her neighborhood back in India.
Navya was rescued in India after being found on the highway, dragging herself with cars zipping by her a hundred miles an hour. A kind gentleman got her out of harm's way, but not before her poor feet were crushed by a car. Once rescued, she was flown into Chicago, and then transported from Chicago to Texas. Now she is waiting to make her New York debut where she hopes to find her forever home!
Navya is such a trooper and has really come a long way! She uses her wheelchair like a champ, and has even gone to the beach in her wheels! And guess what? She LOVED IT!
There seems to be some potential for her to use her back legs again someday; you can see her try to use them at times while in her cart. SNARR is able to provide amazing physical therapy for her in NY (our PT foster is in Armonk) if we can find a foster or adopter for this sweet girl.
To apply to foster or adopt Navya, go to www.snarrnortheast.org/applications and fill out an application.
FAQs -- PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE EMAILING
**Please note that SNARR NE is a volunteer-based organization. While our volunteers will try to respond to you as quickly as possible, it is helpful if you review the following information about our adoption process before emailing:**
- LISTED BREED(S) & AGE: We are taking our best guess on age, breed, and size when fully grown, based on the puppy's/dog's physical appearance and what we might have learned about one or both parents depending on the situation. *NOTE* We rarely know a dog's exact age, nor are we able to tell the true or full breed mix of dogs as our information is limited most of the time. Because we often do not have access to medical records at the time that we are posting dogs to Petfinder, so there are sometimes discrepancies between what is posted on Petfinder and what might be listed on a dog's medical records.
- SNARR'S ADOPTION PROCESS: The first step in adopting or meeting a SNARR dog/puppy is to fill out an application at www.snarrnortheast.org/applications. Once we receive your application, one of our adoption application processors will contact you, review our adoption process with you, and answer any additional questions you may have. **We do not go on a first-come-first-serve basis for adoptions, but on best fit for a family and most importantly the puppy or dog.**
- MEETING ADOPTABLE DOGS: Meet and greets will not be scheduled until after your adoption application has been fully processed by one of our adoption processors.
- APPLYING ONLINE: If you fill out an online application, please do so from a computer (not a mobile device), make sure you answer ALL the questions in as much detail as possible, and that you receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, that means we did NOT receive your application.
- PUPPIES: We do suggest listing a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice on your application if applying for a puppy with several litter mates.
- ADOPTION FEES: $495 for puppies / $425 for adults / Adoption Fees for Seniors, Special Needs and Bonded Pairs vary