|Color||Brown / Chocolate|
|Attributes||Spayed Neutered House Trained Declawed Special Needs Shots Current  |
|Environment||Children Dogs Cats  |
|****Please do not send us inquiries/emails asking if this dog is still available; if a dog/puppy is still listed on Petfinder, we are still accepting applications for them. See the bottom of this bio for more FAQs regarding our adoption process before emailing.****|
Applicants MUST BE a minimum of 25 yrs old to ADOPT.
My name is Roden, I was rescued from a shelter in south Texas when I was a 2 month old puppy then adopted by a young lady who had me for a year and returned me to my foster mom because she no longer had the time for me. I then moved to NY where I was adopted to a family with a 1 year old dog but unfortunately we did not see eye to eye all the time. You see I need time to decompress and understand where I am and my new sister did not understand this so I would get mad at her when I was done playing but she wasn't. I'm a young dog who likes to play but I like to settle down as well, I need a dog who understands dog language and can respect my boundaries when I'm ready to sleep or be lazy. For this I think I would be best with a family with another quieter/calmer dog. With people I am a super sweet loving boy who wants all the kisses & cuddles! I may be a little timid for the initial meeting but after a bit I will show you my easy going demeanor. I also love running around outside to play! I am a young guy at only 1.5 years old so I still like to jump and hop around & younger children may not be the best fit without some coaching. I'm very good at listening and it doesn't take much to correct me or recall me. I am really good in the car & love to go with you on adventures. "
I am wanting a home with a fenced in yard and a canine buddy already in the home for me to play with. He would not be suited for apartment life.
Current Weight: 50#
Rescued from: Texas, found as a stray originally.
Health: up to date on required vaccines
Adoption fee: $375
Rodan was rescued from an area where there is an abundance of homeless dogs, and not a lot of shelter space for them to go while they wait for their forever homes. He will be arriving at SNARR's Adoption Center in Brewster, NY on 11/18/2020 ready for adoption!
To apply to adopt Rodan, fill out an application at www.snarrnortheast.org/applications.
FAQs -- PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE EMAILING
**Please note that SNARR NE is a volunteer-based organization. While our volunteers will try to respond to you as quickly as possible, it is helpful if you review the following information about our adoption process before emailing:**
- LISTED BREED(S) & AGE: We are taking our best guess on age, breed, and size when fully grown, based on the puppy's/dog's physical appearance and what we might have learned about one or both parents depending on the situation. *NOTE* We rarely know a dog's exact age, nor are we able to tell the true or full breed mix of dogs as our information is limited most of the time. Because we often do not have access to medical records at the time that we are posting dogs to Petfinder, there are sometimes discrepancies between what is posted on Petfinder and what might be listed on a dog's medical records.
- SNARR'S ADOPTION PROCESS: The first step in adopting or meeting a SNARR dog/puppy is to fill out an application at www.snarrnortheast.org/applications. Once we receive your application, one of our adoption application processors will contact you, review our adoption process with you, and answer any additional questions you may have. **We do not go on a first-come-first-serve basis for adoptions, but on best fit for a family and most importantly the puppy or dog.**
- MEETING ADOPTABLE DOGS: Meet and greets will not be scheduled until after your adoption application has been fully processed by one of our adoption processors.
- APPLYING ONLINE: If you fill out an online application, please do so from a computer (not a mobile device), make sure you answer ALL the questions in as much detail as possible, and that you receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, that means we did NOT receive your application.
- PUPPIES: We do suggest listing a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice on your application if applying for a puppy with several litter mates.
- ADOPTION FEES: $495 for puppies / $375 for adults. Adoption Fees for Seniors, Special Needs and Bonded Pairs vary