|Breed||Pit Bull Terrier|
|Attributes||Spayed Neutered House Trained Declawed Special Needs Shots Current  |
|Environment||Children Dogs Cats  |
*Age: estimated 6 years old
*Current Weight: 45 lbs (but is overweight and should be closer to 30/35 lbs!)
*Rescued from: Texas
*Adoption fee: $375 (plus $125 spay/neuter deposit, which is refundable when spay/neuter agreement is fulfilled)
*Health: up to date on required vaccines, spayed, microchipped, was previously heartworm positive and needs to remain on monthly heartworm prevention meds
Lucy is the sweetest, gentlest girl who is looking for a home, preferably with kids because she loves them so much. She is a HUGE snuggler and would love a family who will share their couch with her. She sleeps wonderfully all night with her human foster sister. She is fully housebroken and crate-trained. She enjoys the company of her canine foster siblings but would be fine with just humans. Lucy is currently overweight at 45 pounds; 30/35 lbs would be an ideal weight for her. She needs an adopter who is willing to commit to helping her drop her excess weight as it is causing her joints, bones, and organs unnecessary stress.
Lucy was found abandoned on the side of a country road, along with 3 other dogs in Houston, TX. When Lucy was found she was very thin and found to have heartworm disease. Lucy has since completed her heartworm treatment and is healthy and ready for her forever home! It is very important that Lucy stays on monthly Heartworm preventative.
To apply to foster or adopt Lucy, fill out an application at www.snarrnortheast.org/applications.
**Meet and greets will not be scheduled without an approved application.**
FAQs -- PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE EMAILING
**Please note that SNARR NE is a volunteer-based organization. While our volunteers will try to respond to you as quickly as possible, it is helpful if you review the following information about our adoption process before emailing:**
- LISTED BREED(S) & AGE: We are taking our best guess on age, breed, and size when fully grown, based on the puppy's/dog's physical appearance and what we might have learned about one or both parents depending on the situation. *NOTE* We rarely know a dog's exact age, nor are we able to tell the true or full breed mix of dogs as our information is limited most of the time. Because we often do not have access to medical records at the time that we are posting dogs to Petfinder, there are sometimes discrepancies between what is posted on Petfinder and what might be listed on a dog's medical records.
- SNARR'S ADOPTION PROCESS: The first step in adopting or meeting a SNARR dog/puppy is to fill out an application at www.snarrnortheast.org/applications. Once we receive your application, one of our adoption application processors will contact you, review our adoption process with you, and answer any additional questions you may have. **We do not go on a first-come-first-serve basis for adoptions, but on best fit for a family and most importantly the puppy or dog.**
- MEETING ADOPTABLE DOGS: Meet and greets will not be scheduled until after your adoption application has been fully processed by one of our adoption processors.
- APPLYING ONLINE: If you fill out an online application, please do so from a computer (not a mobile device), make sure you answer ALL the questions in as much detail as possible, and that you receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, that means we did NOT receive your application.
- PUPPIES: We do suggest listing a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice on your application if applying for a puppy with several litter mates.
- ADOPTION FEES: $495 for puppies / $375 for adults. Adoption Fees for Seniors, Special Needs and Bonded Pairs vary