|Attributes||Spayed Neutered House Trained Declawed Special Needs Shots Current  |
|Environment||Children Dogs Cats  |
|****Please do not message the rescue asking if this dog is still available; if a dog/puppy is still listed on Petfinder, we are still accepting applications for them. PLEASE READ ENTIRE BIO BEFORE EMAILING****|
*Age: 1 year
*Current Weight: 125lbs ( needs to gain weight)
*Rescued from: South Carolina
*Adoption fee: $375
*Health: up to date on required vaccines, microchipped, neutered
We do NOT recommend a home with children for Titan, because of his sometimes dominant behaviors.
Titan is a pure bred Great Dane who was rescued from living in an outdoor pen in poor conditions down South.
We have all fallen in love with this huge doof of a boy 🙂 Titan is very affectionate and loving and he is eager to please. He does need an adopter who is experienced and confident with Large breed/Great Danes, as he can get dominant over other male dogs and has also had some tendency to resource guard. Titan is a perfect gentleman at our shelter, no matter what situation we present him with. He never resource guards or shows dominance towards people. Titan seems to show these issues the minute he is in a home environment. It breaks our hearts that this is clearly due to Titan not knowing what it is to live in a home. This is understandable considering how inconsistent life has been for this big mush, but it's something adopters should be aware of and ready to correct if needed. His adopter will need to trust and listen to SNARR when we give advice on how to set this boy up for success in his new home.
Titan is a HUGE doofy puppy who needs to learn his manners. He is huge as it is, and is extremely strong and still needs to gain about 25lbs.
Titan is currently waiting for his forever home at SNARR's Adoption Center in Brewster, NY. He arrived in NY and quickly became a favorite among SNARR's volunteers due to his size and generally awesome personality/demeanor! To apply to adopt or foster this majestic boy, please fill out an application at www.snarrnortheast.org/applications.
**Meet and greets will not be scheduled without an approved application.**
FAQs -- PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE EMAILING
**Please note that SNARR NE is a volunteer-based organization. While our volunteers will try to respond to you as quickly as possible, it is helpful if you review the following information about our adoption process before emailing:**
- LISTED BREED(S) & AGE: We are taking our best guess on age, breed, and size when fully grown, based on the puppy's/dog's physical appearance and what we might have learned about one or both parents depending on the situation. *NOTE* We rarely know a dog's exact age, nor are we able to tell the true or full breed mix of dogs as our information is limited most of the time. Because we often do not have access to medical records at the time that we are posting dogs to Petfinder, there are sometimes discrepancies between what is posted on Petfinder and what might be listed on a dog's medical records.
- SNARR'S ADOPTION PROCESS: The first step in adopting or meeting a SNARR dog/puppy is to fill out an application at www.snarrnortheast.org/applications. Once we receive your application, one of our adoption application processors will contact you, review our adoption process with you, and answer any additional questions you may have. **We do not go on a first-come-first-serve basis for adoptions, but on best fit for a family and most importantly the puppy or dog.**
- MEETING ADOPTABLE DOGS: Meet and greets will not be scheduled until after your adoption application has been fully processed by one of our adoption processors.
- APPLYING ONLINE: If you fill out an online application, please do so from a computer (not a mobile device), make sure you answer ALL the questions in as much detail as possible, and that you receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, that means we did NOT receive your application.
- PUPPIES: We do suggest listing a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice on your application if applying for a puppy with several litter mates.
- ADOPTION FEES: $495 for puppies / $375 for adults. Adoption Fees for Seniors, Special Needs and Bonded Pairs vary