|Attributes||Spayed Neutered House Trained Declawed Special Needs Shots Current  |
|Environment||Children Dogs Cats  |
|****Please do not send messages to the rescue asking if a dog is still available; if a dog is still listed on Petfinder, we are still accepting applications for them. PLEASE READ ENTIRE BIO & FAQs BEFORE EMAILING THE RESCUE****|
Salem is a 5 year old doberman who found herself in a need of a new home when her family's circumstances changed. She absolutely loves attention and is extremely smart. She knows tricks, such as sit and shake. Her most impressive trick is balancing a treat on her nose, until given the command to eat it.
Salem tends to want to run the show in a home once she becomes comfortable. For that reason, we will not be placing Salem in a home with any children. Salem needs a firm (but loving adopter), who will kindly, but consistently assert him/herself as being in charge. Ideally, we hope to find a home for Salem that has prior breed experience. Salem is weary of strangers and has a tendency to feel as though she needs to protect her home. We are seeking a home for Salem that does not have a lot of visitor traffic.
She is being fostered in a home with 6 other dogs, both male and female. While she is tolerant of other dogs and will occasionally play with some of them, she isn't fond of them in her personal space. Other dogs in her foster home attempt to nag her into playing by getting close to her face, She has never snapped at any of them, but instead, lets out a low growl and tries to get away from them when they become overly obnoxious.
She is being fostered by a wild life rehabilitator, and while she was fine with the skunks and opossums in the home, she acted like she may have been too interested in the cat.
IMPORTANT: This dog has not yet been altered. For any dog or puppy that is not able to be spayed/neutered prior to adoption, SNARR requires a $125 deposit in addition to your adoption fee, as well as a signed Spay/Neuter Contract stating you will have this dog altered within 6 months of adoption. The $125 deposit will be returned once the contract has been fulfilled.
To apply to adopt this dog, visit www.snarrnortheast.org/applications and submit an application.
FAQs -- PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE EMAILING
**Please note that SNARR NE is a volunteer-based organization. While our volunteers will try to respond to you as quickly as possible, it is helpful if you review the following information about our adoption process before emailing:**
- LISTED BREED(S) & AGE: We are taking our best guess on age, breed, and size when fully grown, based on the puppy's/dog's physical appearance and what we might have learned about one or both parents depending on the situation. *NOTE* We rarely know a dog's exact age, nor are we able to tell the true or full breed mix of dogs as our information is limited most of the time. Because we often do not have access to medical records at the time that we are posting dogs to Petfinder, there are sometimes discrepancies between the breed that is posted on Petfinder and what might be listed on a dog's medical records.
- SNARR'S ADOPTION PROCESS: The first step in adopting or meeting a SNARR dog/puppy is to fill out an application at www.snarrnortheast.org/applications. Once we receive your application, one of our adoption application processors will contact you, review our adoption process with you, and answer any additional questions you may have. **We do not go on a first-come-first-serve basis for adoptions, but on best fit for a family and most importantly the puppy or dog.**
- MEETING ADOPTABLE DOGS: Meet and greets will not be scheduled until after your adoption application has been fully processed by one of our adoption processors.
- APPLYING ONLINE: If you fill out an online application, please do so from a computer (not a mobile device), make sure you answer ALL the questions in as much detail as possible, and that you receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, that means we did NOT receive your application.
- PUPPIES: We do suggest listing a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice on your application if applying for a puppy with several litter mates.
- ADOPTION FEES: $495 for puppies / $375 for adults. Adoption Fees for Seniors, Special Needs and Bonded Pairs vary