|Color||White / Cream|
|Attributes||Spayed Neutered House Trained Declawed Special Needs Shots Current  |
|Environment||Children Dogs Cats  |
|****Please do not message the rescue asking if this dog is still available; if a dog/puppy is still listed on Petfinder, we are still accepting applications for them. PLEASE READ ENTIRE BIO BEFORE EMAILING****|
*Name: Elijah (aka Eli)
*Age: about 2 years
*Current Weight: 41 lbs
*Rescued from: Mexico
*Adoption fee: $300
*Health: up to date on required vaccines, microchipped, neutered, hind-end paralyzed, wears a belly band inside
Elijah (Eli) was rescued from the streets in Mexico. This boy survived weeks on his own after suffering a broken back and tail. Due to his injury he has hind end paralysis and wears a belly band inside, mainly because he will leak some when he gets excited to see you. He is incredibly smart and extremely loving, cuddly and smiles at you whenever he sees your face. He loves to be wherever his foster parents are, especially cuddling on the bed. They have 5 other dogs ranging from 7lbs-55lbs in their home and he loves them all! His bestie is the 7lb chihuahua mix who he plays with constantly. He also lives with 2 cats and has a special excited happy cat grunt when he sees them. He would love to be best friends with the cats if they would let him.
Eli is still improving on his mobility and has started standing on his own. Outside Eli loves to run around with his foster siblings and foster parents so his rear legs are kept bandaged for protection. His favorite activity is to run zoomies around the yard and be chased by his foster mom. He will get a wheelchair soon so he can go on walks with his foster humans and siblings. Since Eli is still improving in his mobility, we have high hopes he may be able to take some steps on his own one day. Since Eli loves to zoom around the yard and play fetch, a home with a medium to large dog sibling would be wonderful.
To apply to adopt Eli, fill out an application at www.snarrnortheast.org/applications.
FAQs -- PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE EMAILING
**Please note that SNARR NE is a volunteer-based organization. While our volunteers will try to respond to you as quickly as possible, it is helpful if you review the following information about our adoption process before emailing:**
- LISTED BREED(S) & AGE: We are taking our best guess on age, breed, and size when fully grown, based on the puppy's/dog's physical appearance and what we might have learned about one or both parents depending on the situation. *NOTE* We rarely know a dog's exact age, nor are we able to tell the true or full breed mix of dogs as our information is limited most of the time. Because we often do not have access to medical records at the time that we are posting dogs to Petfinder, there are sometimes discrepancies between what is posted on Petfinder and what might be listed on a dog's medical records.
- SNARR'S ADOPTION PROCESS: The first step in adopting or meeting a SNARR dog/puppy is to fill out an application at www.snarrnortheast.org/applications. Once we receive your application, one of our adoption application processors will contact you, review our adoption process with you, and answer any additional questions you may have. **We do not go on a first-come-first-serve basis for adoptions, but on best fit for a family and most importantly the puppy or dog.**
- MEETING ADOPTABLE DOGS: Meet and greets will not be scheduled until after your adoption application has been fully processed by one of our adoption processors.
- APPLYING ONLINE: If you fill out an online application, please do so from a computer (not a mobile device), make sure you answer ALL the questions in as much detail as possible, and that you receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, that means we did NOT receive your application.
- PUPPIES: We do suggest listing a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice on your application if applying for a puppy with several litter mates.
- ADOPTION FEES: $495 for puppies / $375 for adults. Adoption Fees for Seniors, Special Needs and Bonded Pairs vary