|Breed||Catahoula Leopard Dog|
|Color||Yellow / Tan / Blond / Fawn|
|Attributes||Spayed Neutered House Trained Declawed Special Needs Shots Current  |
|Environment||Children Dogs Cats  |
|****Please do not message the rescue asking if this dog is still available; if a dog/puppy is still listed on Petfinder, we are still accepting applications for them. PLEASE READ ENTIRE BIO BEFORE EMAILING****|
*Age: 1 1/2 years
*Current Weight: 55 pounds
*Rescued from: Texas
*Adoption fee: $375 (plus $125 spay/neuter deposit, which is refundable when spay/neuter agreement is fulfilled)
*Health: up to date on required vaccines
Dolly is very friendly and loves to come in for kisses and cuddles. She is potty trained, crate trained and does well on a leash. She was a very patient and loving mom to 10 puppies. Dolly is a very observant, confident and smart girl so should be an only dog. She can be a bit energetic but settles down fairly quick. She would love someone with a yard so she can roam and explore. She does jump but in learning no. She doesn't realize her strength so young inexperienced children should be closely monitored. Dolly will need someone to show her strong leadership and let her know you’re in charge when training. She is truly a quick study to routine and will catch on quickly. She would do best in a home with no other animals, a nice yard, someone who is dog confident and will work with her on manners a bit. If this sweet and affectionate girl is for you please apply to adopt her.
Dolly was rescued from an area where there is an abundance of homeless dogs, and not a lot of shelter space for them to go while they wait for their forever homes. She will be arriving at SNARR's Adoption Center in Brewster, NY on March 14th ready for adoption! To apply to adopt Dolly, fill out an application at www.snarrnortheast.org/applications.
**Meet and greets will not be scheduled without an approved application.**
IMPORTANT: This dog has not yet been altered. For any dog or puppy that is not able to be spayed/neutered prior to adoption, SNARR requires a $125 deposit in addition to your adoption fee, as well as a strictly-enforced signed Spay/Neuter Contract stating you will have this dog altered within 6 months of adoption. The $125 deposit will be returned once the contract has been fulfilled.
FAQs -- PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE EMAILING
**Please note that SNARR NE is a volunteer-based organization. While our volunteers will try to respond to you as quickly as possible, it is helpful if you review the following information about our adoption process before emailing:**
- LISTED BREED(S) & AGE: We are taking our best guess on age, breed, and size when fully grown, based on the puppy's/dog's physical appearance and what we might have learned about one or both parents depending on the situation. *NOTE* We rarely know a dog's exact age, nor are we able to tell the true or full breed mix of dogs as our information is limited most of the time. Because we often do not have access to medical records at the time that we are posting dogs to Petfinder, there are sometimes discrepancies between what is posted on Petfinder and what might be listed on a dog's medical records.
- SNARR'S ADOPTION PROCESS: The first step in adopting or meeting a SNARR dog/puppy is to fill out an application at www.snarrnortheast.org/applications. Once we receive your application, one of our adoption application processors will contact you, review our adoption process with you, and answer any additional questions you may have. **We do not go on a first-come-first-serve basis for adoptions, but on best fit for a family and most importantly the puppy or dog.**
- MEETING ADOPTABLE DOGS: Meet and greets will not be scheduled until after your adoption application has been fully processed by one of our adoption processors.
- APPLYING ONLINE: If you fill out an online application, please do so from a computer (not a mobile device), make sure you answer ALL the questions in as much detail as possible, and that you receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, that means we did NOT receive your application.
- PUPPIES: We do suggest listing a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice on your application if applying for a puppy with several litter mates.
- ADOPTION FEES: $495 for puppies / $375 for adults. Adoption Fees for Seniors, Special Needs and Bonded Pairs vary