|Breed||Australian Cattle Dog / Blue Heeler|
|Attributes||Spayed Neutered House Trained Declawed Special Needs Shots Current  |
|Environment||Children Dogs Cats  |
|****Please do not message the rescue asking if this dog is still available; if a dog/puppy is still listed on Petfinder, we are still accepting applications for them. PLEASE READ ENTIRE BIO BEFORE EMAILING****|
*Age: 10 months
*Current Weight: 40 lbs
*Rescued from: Tennessee
*Adoption fee: $495
*Health: up to date on required vaccines, spayed, microchipped
Annie was rescued from an area where there is an abundance of homeless dogs, and not a lot of shelter space for them to go while they wait for their forever homes. Sadly she was found tied to a lawn mower with a 4-foot chain heavier than her -- neighbors said one day the owner left and just never came back.
Annie has a very sweet demeanor and loves all humans, despite what her previous humans did to her. She loves to lick and mouth/nibble your hands and toes to show affection, though her foster is working on teaching her to be a little less mouthy! She loves scratches, treats, car rides, and learning new things. She is a very fast learner and was following commands from her foster within two days (going potty soon after going outside, come, sit, stay, lie down). She walks well on a leash but is very strong and is still learning not to pull when she sees something exciting! She also has a high prey drive and curiosity and will lunge toward other dogs, squirrels, basically anything moving that catches her attention, so she will need a confident and strong handler to help teach her leash manners.
Sweet Annie is a quiet girl with a moderate energy level. She can alternate between calm and playful, but also can be easily startled by loud noises. She has not been cat or kid tested yet, but so far when introduced to other dogs she tends to be uncomfortable/defensive.
This girl deserves a second chance at a happy life with a loving family, is that you?? 🙂 To apply to adopt Annie, fill out an application at www.snarrnortheast.org/applications.
**Meet and greets will not be scheduled without an approved application.**
FAQs -- PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE EMAILING
**Please note that SNARR NE is a volunteer-based organization. While our volunteers will try to respond to you as quickly as possible, it is helpful if you review the following information about our adoption process before emailing:**
- LISTED BREED(S) & AGE: We are taking our best guess on age, breed, and size when fully grown, based on the puppy's/dog's physical appearance and what we might have learned about one or both parents depending on the situation. *NOTE* We rarely know a dog's exact age, nor are we able to tell the true or full breed mix of dogs as our information is limited most of the time. Because we often do not have access to medical records at the time that we are posting dogs to Petfinder, there are sometimes discrepancies between what is posted on Petfinder and what might be listed on a dog's medical records.
- SNARR'S ADOPTION PROCESS: The first step in adopting or meeting a SNARR dog/puppy is to fill out an application at www.snarrnortheast.org/applications. Once we receive your application, one of our adoption application processors will contact you, review our adoption process with you, and answer any additional questions you may have. **We do not go on a first-come-first-serve basis for adoptions, but on best fit for a family and most importantly the puppy or dog.**
- MEETING ADOPTABLE DOGS: Meet and greets will not be scheduled until after your adoption application has been fully processed by one of our adoption processors.
- APPLYING ONLINE: If you fill out an online application, please do so from a computer (not a mobile device), make sure you answer ALL the questions in as much detail as possible, and that you receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, that means we did NOT receive your application.
- PUPPIES: We do suggest listing a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice on your application if applying for a puppy with several litter mates.
- ADOPTION FEES: $495 for puppies / $375 for adults. Adoption Fees for Seniors, Special Needs and Bonded Pairs vary