|Name||Nellie (Laredo Litter)|
|Attributes||Spayed Neutered House Trained Declawed Special Needs Shots Current  |
|Environment||Children Dogs Cats  |
|****Please DO NO message the rescue asking if this puppy is still available; if a dog/puppy is still listed on Petfinder, we are still accepting applications for them. The first step in our adoption process is to fill out an adoption application at www.snarrnortheast.org. PLEASE READ ENTIRE BIO & FAQs BEFORE EMAILING****|
*Age: 5 months
*Current Weight: 30 pounds
*Rescued from: Texas
*Adoption fee: $495 (plus $125 spay/neuter deposit, which is refundable when spay/neuter agreement is fulfilled)
*Health: up to date on puppy shots so far (adopter will be responsible for remaining puppy vaccinations)
Only applicants 25 years and older will be considered.
Meet Nellie, this gorgeous girl appears to be mostly a lab mix. She has a beautiful black coat with white accents. Nellie was part of a litter of 5 puppies saved from a high killer shelter because of her wonderful foster and SNARR said yes. Nellie was very untrusting of people but her foster has made great strides to earn her trust. Although she is still skittish of people, she has come a long way to trusting and learning about the type of wonderful life that awaits her in a loving furever home. Nellie loves other dogs and we think it best that she be adopted to a home with another friendly canine to serve as her role model and mentor. Nellie will need a patience adopter to help her to continue building her confidence. Nellie is crate-trained and doing well with her house training. She knows how to use a doggie dog and loves exploring her foster parent's yard and enjoying the great outdoors. Nellie is learning about toys and is very food driven. If you are looking for a beautiful black lab mix and can continue to build Nellie's trust, maybe this darling girl is the perfect addition to your family.
Nellie was rescued from an area where there is an abundance of homeless dogs, and not a lot of shelter space for them to go while they wait for their forever homes. She will be arriving at SNARR's Adoption Center in Brewster, NY on March 31st ready for adoption! To apply to adopt this puppy, fill out an application at www.snarrnortheast.org/applications.
**Meet and greets will not be scheduled without an approved application.**
IMPORTANT: This puppy has not yet been altered. For any dog or puppy that is not able to be spayed/neutered prior to adoption, SNARR requires a $125 deposit in addition to your adoption fee, as well as a strictly-enforced signed Spay/Neuter Contract stating you will have this dog altered within 6 months of adoption. The $125 deposit will be returned once the contract has been fulfilled.
FAQs -- PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE EMAILING
**Please note that SNARR NE is a volunteer-based organization. While our volunteers will try to respond to you as quickly as possible, it is helpful if you review the following information about our adoption process before emailing:**
- LISTED BREED(S) & AGE: We are taking our best guess on age, breed, and size when fully grown, based on the puppy's/dog's physical appearance and what we might have learned about one or both parents depending on the situation. *NOTE* We rarely know a dog's exact age, nor are we able to tell the true or full breed mix of dogs as our information is limited most of the time. Because we often do not have access to medical records at the time that we are posting dogs to Petfinder, there are sometimes discrepancies between what is posted on Petfinder and what might be listed on a dog's medical records. Remember, most of the time rescues are all just taking our best guess with breeds!
- SNARR'S ADOPTION PROCESS: The first step in adopting or meeting a SNARR dog/puppy is to fill out an application at www.snarrnortheast.org/applications. Once we receive your application, one of our adoption application processors will contact you, review our adoption process with you, and answer any additional questions you may have. **We do not go on a first-come-first-serve basis for adoptions, but on best fit for a family and most importantly the puppy or dog.**
- MEETING ADOPTABLE DOGS: Meet and greets will not be scheduled until after your adoption application has been fully processed by one of our adoption processors.
- APPLYING ONLINE: If you fill out an online application, please do so from a computer (not a mobile device), make sure you answer ALL the questions in as much detail as possible, and that you receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, that means we did NOT receive your application.
- PUPPIES: We do suggest listing a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice on your application if applying for a puppy with several litter mates.
- ADOPTION FEES: $495 for puppies / $375 for adults. Adoption Fees for Seniors, Special Needs and Bonded Pairs vary