|Name||Maddy and Kiki|
|Breed||Chocolate Labrador Retriever|
|Color||Brown / Chocolate|
|Attributes||Spayed Neutered House Trained Declawed Special Needs Shots Current  |
|Environment||Children Dogs Cats  |
|****Please do not send us inquiries/emails asking if a dog is still available; if a dog is still listed on Petfinder, we are still accepting applications for them. See the bottom of this bio for more FAQs regarding our adoption process before emailing.****|
Maddy and Kiki were rescued in Texas. Maddy had litter after litter of puppies in a rural area and rarely showed herself. When her puppies would become mobile and emerge from hiding, rescue groups would save them, but they had a difficult time catching Maddy. Maddy frequented the same people's porches for food each night. When it was determined Maddy was pregnant again, a trap was set and she was thought to be caught..only it wasn't Maddy in the trap...it was her daughter Kiki, who noone knew existed, but was also pregnant.
A second trap was set for the real Maddy, and she was caught as well.
Both Maddy and Kiki had their puppies in foster care and they found amazing homes. Now we hope they find special people to love them, so that they can have a happy ending of their own.
We hope that their own families can be found soon, as they have been living in a boarding facility for the past several months. They were in a board and train program within the boarding facility, so that a trainer could work with them intensely on socialization and leash walking. Both girls have come a long way, and Maddy now actively seeks out attention, wags her tail in excitement to see someone familiar, and follows those she knows well around.
Kiki was always the more fearful of the two, because she was born in the forest and noone even knew she existed until she was trapped. Maddy and Kiki must be adopted together, as they find great comfort in each other. Kiki looks to Maddy for confidence. Kiki is now comfortable walking on a leash.
Both dogs are submissive to a fault with other dogs, people and cats. They are extremely quiet and non-demanding, but are very grateful dogs with cute mannerisms. They must go to a home with a secure fence. We hope we can find someone to gift these girls with a home of their own.
Maddy and Kiki are up to date on vaccinations, spayed and dewormed.
If you are interested in adopting, please go to www.snarrnortheast.org/applications and fill out an application.
FAQs -- PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE EMAILING
**Please note that SNARR NE is a volunteer-based organization. While our volunteers will try to respond to you as quickly as possible, it is helpful if you review the following information about our adoption process before emailing:**
- LISTED BREED(S) & AGE: We are taking our best guess on age, breed, and size when fully grown, based on the puppy's/dog's physical appearance and what we might have learned about one or both parents depending on the situation. *NOTE* We rarely know a dog's exact age, nor are we able to tell the true or full breed mix of dogs as our information is limited most of the time. Because we often do not have access to medical records at the time that we are posting dogs to Petfinder, so there are sometimes discrepancies between what is posted on Petfinder and what might be listed on a dog's medical records.
- SNARR'S ADOPTION PROCESS: The first step in adopting or meeting a SNARR dog/puppy is to fill out an application at www.snarrnortheast.org/applications. Once we receive your application, one of our adoption application processors will contact you, review our adoption process with you, and answer any additional questions you may have. **We do not go on a first-come-first-serve basis for adoptions, but on best fit for a family and most importantly the puppy or dog.**
- MEETING ADOPTABLE DOGS: Meet and greets will not be scheduled until after your adoption application has been fully processed by one of our adoption processors.
- APPLYING ONLINE: If you fill out an online application, please do so from a computer (not a mobile device), make sure you answer ALL the questions in as much detail as possible, and that you receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, that means we did NOT receive your application.
- PUPPIES: We do suggest listing a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice on your application if applying for a puppy with several litter mates.
- ADOPTION FEES: $495 for puppies / $425 for adults / Adoption Fees for Seniors, Special Needs and Bonded Pairs vary