Thank You for Your Interest in Helping a SNARR Dog
We cannot continue our mission without families like you who offer homes for our amazing pups and we depend on foster families to help care for the dogs that we rescue. The fastest way to get your application reviewed is to complete the online version of our applications. If you prefer to print, sign and email back the application and agreement, you may do that too. Please use the links below to get started. Thank you!
Our Adoption Process
- Start by completing our online application. If you are unable to access our online application please fill out the pdf version and email to [email protected]
- First we will contact you to review your application. We will then reach out to your veterinarian, references and landlord (if applicable). We will set up a home visit where a SNARR volunteer will visit your home (either virtually or in person) to make sure it is a proper environment for a SNARR dog or cat.
- Once you are notified that you are approved, we will be able to set up a time to meet and greet your potential new family member!
- Once you make your donation we will make arrangements for you to pick up your new family member.
We do our best to respond to each email, inquiry, and application in a timely manner. Please check your email and phone to ensure we are able to get in touch with you. Please also make sure your personal references, your veterinarian, and your landlord (if applicable) are aware that we will be calling to ensure no delays in processing your application. If you are concerned because you haven’t been contacted in a timely manner, you may follow up with us.
Please understand that we receive several applications for the same dog and do our best to choose the home that will be the best match for that particular dog. Our goal is to ensure the success and happiness for all involved in the adoption process, with the dog as our first priority. There are several reasons we may deny your application. These reasons include but are not limited to: receiving a negative reference from your veterinarian and/or personal reference, lack of permission from landlord, failed home visit, lack of understanding of needs of rescue dogs, young age, name found on a “do not adopt” list, location, etc.
Requirements to Adopt from SNARR Northeast:
- All current pets in the home must be spayed/neutered and up to date on required vaccines.
- Adopters must be at least 25 years old.
- If you are not ready to adopt or foster and would like to in the future we gladly will keep your application on file for up to 6 months
- Please understand that we ask many questions during the adoption process and we screen our applicants very carefully. It might seem like we are invasive but we need to ensure that we have placed each SNARR dog in the best possible home.
SNARR Northeast depends solely on fosters & volunteers. All donations and adoption fees are applied toward caring for our dogs. This includes vet bills, medications, transportation costs, follow-up visits, rechecks, and boarding expenses. All donations are welcome, and very much needed!
|Puppies (up to 1 year)||$550|
|Young Adult (1 year-4 years)||$475|
|Adult (4 years-7 years)||$400|
|Senior (7+ years)||$300|
|Special Needs||Case by Case|
*For any animal not spayed/neutered prior to adoption, we require a $150 refundable deposit*