SNARR Northeast Adoption Process
Thank you for your interest in adopting from SNARR Northeast and adding a new member to your family. Once we receive your application we will begin processing it as soon as possible.
- To adopt a dog from SNARR Northeast, start by completing our online application. If you are unable to access our online application please fill out the pdf version and email it to [email protected].
- First, we will review your application by contacting your veterinarian, references, and landlord (if applicable). If your application is approved we will set up a home visit where a SNARR volunteer will visit your home (either virtually or in-person) to make sure it is a proper environment for a SNARR puppy or dog.
- Once you are notified that you are approved, we will be able to set up a time to meet and greet your potential new family member!
- Once you pay the adoption fee, we will make arrangements for you to pick up your puppy or dog.
We do our best to respond to each email, inquiry, and application in a timely manner. Please check your email and phone to ensure we are able to get in touch with you. Please also make sure your personal references, your veterinarian, and your landlord (if applicable) are aware that we will be calling to ensure no delays in processing your application. If you are concerned because you haven’t been contacted in a timely manner, you may follow up with us.
Please understand that we receive several applications for the same dog and do our best to choose the home that will be the best match for that particular dog. Our goal is to ensure the success and happiness of all involved in the adoption process, with the dog as our first priority. There are several reasons we may deny your application. These reasons include but are not limited to receiving a negative reference from your veterinarian and/or personal reference, lack of permission from the landlord, failed home visit, lack of understanding of needs of rescue dogs, young age, a name found on a “do not adopt” list, location, etc.
Requirements to Adopt from SNARR Northeast
- All current pets in the home must be spayed/neutered and up to date on required vaccines.
- Adopters must be at least 25 years old.
- If you are not ready to adopt or foster and would like to do so in the future we gladly will keep your application on file.
- Please understand that we ask many questions during the adoption process and we screen our applicants very carefully. It might seem like we are being invasive but we need to ensure that we have placed each SNARR dog in the best possible home.
SNARR Northeast Adoption Fees
SNARR Northeast depends solely on fosters & volunteers. All donations and adoption fees are applied toward caring for our dogs. This includes vet bills, medications, transportation costs, follow-up visits, rechecks, and boarding expenses. All donations are welcome, and very much needed!
|Case by Case
*** Please do NOT use a mobile device to submit your application, many times it does not come through the system. Once submitted, be sure you see a confirmation that your application has been received. If you do not get a receipt of confirmation, we have not received your application. ***